Thursday, May 21, 2009

Married

I got married this past weekend. I feel no different, but I'm happy to have a ring on my finger and no more wedding chores to do. It was nice to see my family and some of my wife's friends.

I guess that feels different: saying “wife.” It's so much shorter than fiancé. We should allow homosexual marriage, considering how gay the word “fiancé” sounds. How did straight people even come up with this shit? Those French…

We have had a quiet honeymoon stay-cation. We didn’t go out much until Wednesday, when we went to see Star Trek. She’s now trying to get me to go to the zoo, as I type this. I’ll probably end up having to go, even though I’m allergic to the entirety of nature. Animal Planet has better angles and no foul smell. Plus, I can enjoy food at home that is not prepared downwind of hippo farts.

I have considered starting one or more other blogs that cover different topics, and allowing this blog to remain as my outlet for religious commentary. I'm probably going to decide to do this, but I have to balance my time between my hobbies like blogging and my unemployment/job search.

I’ll end this post with a picture of the live painting done at our wedding by Jonathon Blake at http://crazyredbeard.com

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!

    I hear there is a correlation between how much money one spends on a wedding + honeymoon and the chances a couple will stay together for the long haul.

    Sounds like you're off to a good start.

    I wish you both happiness.

    Oh, and that bit about eating food downwind from hippo farst-- haliarious! And sadly, very true.

    Doing that sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to the zoo. My favorite were the red pandas and flamingos. My least favorite were those little, loud, annoying ones... the children.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...