Monday, April 11, 2011

Music Monday: Fiona Apple

In these days of mp3s, customized playlists, and iPods that hold thousands of songs, not many people listen to entire albums anymore. The reason is obvious: pop music is full of one-hit wonders, flash in the pan gimmicks, and an overall lack of talent. People don’t put a lot of time into their music anymore.

Not so with Fiona Apple. She released three studio albums between 1996 and 2005, and her new album is set to be released this Spring. While she does have a label that may be dragging her down, trying to squeeze more radio-friendly tracks on her albums, she is also busy collaborating with other artists and performing benefits.

The time paid off, however, as all three of her albums are flawless. Even my favorite artists have songs that are okay at first, but make me hit “skip” when I’m listening to it in the car for the five thousandth time (I’m thinking of “tourette’s” on Nirvana’s In Utero). Fiona Apple’s work is all good. I haven’t heard a single song she’s done that I didn’t like.

In honor of her quality, I’ll be posting a higher quantity of her work.









*Bonus Track*

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...