Saturday, August 29, 2009

Top Ten: Songs About Drugs

Music about drugs is not hard to come by. I came up with quite a few songs, so if something didn’t make the list it’s because either a) it was not a song really ABOUT drugs, or b) it’s rap, which I did not include on the list. I do occasionally listen to the genre, and half of them seem to be about drugs, but I did not want a rap-heavy top ten list because, frankly, I don’t like rap that much.

10. The Ramones – I Want To Be Sedated
9. Weezer – Hash Pipe
8. Butthole Surfers – The Lord Is a Monkey
7. K’s Choice – Not an Addict
6. The Velvet Underground – Waiting For The Man
5. Buckcherry – Lit Up
4. Tom Petty – Girl on LSD
3. Placebo – Pure Morning
2. Brewer and Shipley – One Toke Over the Line
1. Eric Clapton - Cocaine

Rather than attempt the opposite list, “Top Ten: Songs Denouncing Drugs,” I’ll just put the #1 (and only) song for that list here: Three Dog Night – Mama Told Me Not To Come

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...