Monday, January 10, 2011

Pithy News 1/10/11

With the New Year upon us, I look back to last year’s resolution. I wanted to read “The Secret,” and every day I visualized myself doing so, but I just never did.

Nearly one year after the earthquake in Haiti, rubble fills the streets and millions live in poverty. It’s safe to say that things are finally back to normal there.

The big news is that Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head. Doctors fear she will suffer severe brain damage and become a Republican.

In light of violent political rhetoric, Congress has declared a “War on Violence.” In related news, the heads of several legislators exploded due to extreme irony.

2 comments:

  1. I read "The Secret" a few years ago. Many hours spent that I can never get back, except to read something co-authored by Asimov and Pratchett, which I do not think actually exists. It's kinda like Quantum Wishing as told on the Magical Mystery Tour, but without the acid. In a banana republic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I meant the self-help book "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. I had to have my wife who reads sci-fi explain to me what this comment even meant.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...