Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Top Ten: Albums Released from 2000 to 2009

For some reason, I noticed a lot of “best of the decade” stuff leading up to the new year, even though the decade ended a year previously. Not only was I pissed off at this stupidity in and of itself, I disagreed heartily with so many of the lists I had to do my own out of catharsis. So, these are my favorite albums that were released in the first decade of this century, picked for not only containing a few good songs, but because they function as complete works of art.

10. The Dandy Warhols - Welcome To The Monkey House
9. Eels - Souljacker
8. Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
7. The Decemberists - The Hazards Of Love
6. Cat Power - Jukebox
5. Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
4. Gorillaz - Demon Days
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
2. Franz Ferdinand - Tonight
1. Beck - Sea Change

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...