Saturday, May 1, 2010

Origins

I haven’t talked too much about the bible lately, so I figured I’d give it another whirl. What better place to start than the beginning…

The Bible picks things up at Day 1, but I’m more interested in Day 0. What happened on Day 0? Trick question, there is no Day 0, just as there is no year 0. However, one can imagine what one would call the era denoting these prior days: BG, Before God.

What were things like back then? Well, according to the Bible, it was wet. It’s pretty fuzzy beyond that.

I sometimes wonder why religious people would trust a being which won’t even explain where it came from. If you met someone and asked where they’re from, and they said “I have always been,” you would probably bury your head in a book or put headphones on and ignore them.

There is, in fact, an innate human fear of outsiders. There is a legitimate function to this, sociologically. Exile was a common punishment throughout history, and self-imposed exile (otherwise known as “fleeing”) is also a common practice. Societies do not want criminals joining their ranks, and they have little way of distinguishing between those kicked out or escaping punishment for crimes, and those innocently seeking asylum from persecution or famine.

How is it that right-wingers hate undocumented immigrants, but take God at His word?

10 comments:

  1. how about I believe in WHATEVER I want and you little fuckers have nothing to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I...oh damn, I have nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. se... nothing that is real or matters...

    let me show you the end results of this particular *ONE-DIMENSIONAL SCIENTIFIC MODE*
    of thinking that is called *CRITICAL THINKING*, which is completely divorced from
    any human objectives...

    this style has been perfected by dawkins, pz, randi and the other *NEW ATHEISTS*


    THE BOOBQUAKE - 911!

    hey, atheists don't even BELIEVE IN BOOBIES!!!

    they thought BOOBIES had no effect... WRONG!


    see, I just want to make it clear to the rest of you:


    jen is unable to see that there is a CONFLICT BETWEEN EROS & SCIENCE....

    http://www.blaghag.com/2010/04/in-name-of-science-i-offer-my-boobs.html


    http://www.blaghag.com/2010/04/quick-clarification-about-boobquake.html

    see how we take a term and convert it into its AUTHENTIC POLITICAL DIMENSION - THAT
    OF LIBERATION - not just merely harmless expression...

    they thought BOOBIES had no effect... WRONG!

    Visit for the BOOBQUAKE:


    http://dissidentphilosophy.lifediscussion.net/philosophy-f1/the-boobquake-911-t1310.htm




    how about I believe in WHATEVER I want and you have nothing to say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob Believer5/03/2010 11:59 AM

    how about I believe in WHATEVER I want and you little fuckers have nothing to say!

    Go away atheist! Liars like you do nothing but destroy belief in God with your unchristian behavior!

    God is sending his angels to get you! They will cast you into the lake of fire!

    DM, on Judgment Day, you WILL pay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOB

    I converted MILLIONS of atheists, you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Random Commenter5/03/2010 4:10 PM

    So are you kindergarteners done arguing or do we have to wait a bit longer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. *puts hand back into popcorn tub*

    ReplyDelete
  8. *bets 2 bucks on DM because he already converted MILLIONS*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who can argue with those stats? He has more saves than Jesus did while he was alive. If only Jesus had a blog... I bet it would be:

    mydadcanbeatupyourdad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bible is BS! I might as well read some fairytales. No actually, i rather read fairytales at least they dont pretend to be true.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...