Friday, April 30, 2010

Mostly Noise

I so rarely talk about myself in my blogs, but frankly I’ve worked so much the last few weeks I have no idea what’s going on in the world. I think something about oil happened, and I assume most people are still angry about politics. Otherwise, I have no clue as to what’s new.

Tonight I got out of work early (about 3:30pm), after getting out at 6pm or so the previous three nights. My wife left at 3pm to visit friends in New Jersey, and this may be one of the last chances she has before we move to the *sigh* south. So what did I do with the first free time to myself I’ve had all week?

After walking my dog, Barkley, I plugged in my guitar. Playing early 90’s rock is sort of like a religious experience, and by that I mean any moron can do it. Yet, it’s so satisfying.

Music is a funny thing. I imagine some people (myself included) have found themselves pondering the human aspect of music, but music has nothing to do with humanity. Nor is the creation of music restricted to living things. Appreciation for music is special, though again not distinctly human. At least it appears to be restricted to life.

One thing I do know is human: strumming away on a Mexican Fender Fat Strat with Duncan Seymour Pearly Gates through a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp. These were the fruits of my labor from my first summer jobs in high school.

I wonder what I’ll buy with my first paycheck…

[For those of you who wonder how I sound when I play, see title.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...