Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Preliminary Findings: The Quran

I have had a lot less free time lately, but I use what little I have to the fullest. I even keep a Quran by the toilet to read while I shit. This is a great way to read a book that you would never just sit down and finish in a weekend. I once ate Taco Bell two meals a day for a week and a half in order to finish Tom Wolfe’s “The Pump House Gang.” Club-footed Turkish lovers and a young Hugh Hefner… what more can I say?

I’m over half-way through the Quran. If I were a Jewish lawyer in the seventh century, I would have sued Mohammed for plagiarism. The overwhelming majority of what I have read is nothing but a rehashing of the Bible (not just the Old Testament, because Jesus is mentioned a handful of times). Except… people like Abraham, Moses, Aaron, even Jesus and the apostles are referred to as “Muslims.”

This will make sense to anyone familiar with Islam. For one thing, the word “Islam” means “submission,” and it is implied to include “to God/Allah.” In the original Arabic, a Muslim literally means, “one who submits [to the will of God/Allah].” To someone unfamiliar with the linguistic implications, this may appear to be a revisionist history.

This all made me curious: how do Muslims feel about Jacob? It turns out, they consider him a prophet, but little else is said about him. Jacob is ideologically important to Jews. The name Jacob means “heel” in the sense of one who usurps (professional wrestlers use this term in reference to the “bad guy”). Jacob wrestled with an Angel of God, and was renamed Yisra-el, which means “one who struggled with God/El.” The Jewish nation of Israel derives its name from this man.

Jews struggle with god… Muslims submit. It’s not difficult to see why these two can’t seem to get along.

Another strange thing I noticed required a test. I have to restart it and document it better in order to feel satisfied with the science, but from anecdotal evidence I have deduced there is a threat of violence on roughly every other page. Randomly flipping to pages and scanning them yielded a near 50/50 chance of violence against non-believers being glorified, and deciding to include both open pages increased this to over 70%. If you include punishments in the afterlife for those who disobey, I am confident it approaches 90%.

The Quran is, without any shadow of a doubt, the most vile and wretched work the world has ever wrought. People who say, “Islam means peace,” should stop reading gibberish in a language they don’t even understand and wake up to the fact that they follow the most overtly militant ideology I have ever read. I have read many religious texts, myths, fables, I’ve even read the biographies of despots. The Quran makes Mein Kampf look like Uncle Tom’s Cabin.

How brave of me to bash Islam to a bunch of atheists and the occasional Christian…

10 comments:

  1. "If I were a Jewish lawyer in the seventh century, I would have sued Mohammed for plagiarism."

    Ginx,

    Check out:

    http://www.answering-islam.org/Books/Geiger/Judaism/index.htm

    Geiger was a scholarly reformed Jew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a thing on the National Geographic Channel explaining how the 'first edition' of the Quran was only a few chapters long, and how 90% of it was written by someone else a hundred years after Muhammad died. Sorry, I mean to say a hundred years after he ascended to Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you finish each page. Tear it out to wipe and flush. :)

    I am very tired of the world being cowed to the least educated bunch of thugs in history.

    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want you to listen to this little f*cker...

    http://www.ted.com/talks/james_randi.html

    Randi:

    When I see your UGLY FACE I understand why you are an atheist


    the really SHARP END OF OCCAM’S RAZOR…


    they mix SKEPTICISM with ATHEISM…

    KABOOM…



    with the atheists:

    they start begging when they start dying...

    they PAY THE PRICE FOR ATTACKING THE SUPERNATURAL -

    with their LIVES...

    CRYSTAL NIGHT TONIGHT!

    Atheists,

    but you have NO ANSWER TO DEATH... therefore you FAIL...

    THE DEATH TRAP

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-8-Yxdphsg
    ********

    THE REAL QUESTION:

    DOES ATHEISM HAVE A FUTURE?

    AND THE ANSWER - NO!

    visit:

    http://www.clubconspiracy.com/forum/f30/does-ath-ism-have-future-no-11202.html#post66570

    Shermer - Harris - Myers - Dawkins - Randi VS. NOSTRADAMUS - EINSTEIN - MARKUZE

    you're ANNIHILATED!

    Atheists,

    Repent and turn to God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want you to listen to this little Dumbass McFail (DM)...

    When I see you write your UGLY LIES I understand why you are a lying theist.

    You mix SUPERSTITION with STUPIDITY…

    KABOOM!!!!!

    YOU PAY THE PRICE FOR YOUR INSANITY -

    with YOUR LIFE...

    UP ALL NIGHT TONIGHT! CUTTING AND PASTING EVERYWHERE! LOSING SLEEP AND NEVER GETTING LAID. JUST ANOTHER INTERNET FAILURE. A LOSER!!!

    Dennis,

    but you have NO ANSWER TO LIFE (OR DEATH)... therefore you FAIL...

    THE REAL QUESTION:

    DOES NOSTRADUMBASS HAVE A FUTURE?

    AND THE ANSWER - NO!

    your lies are ANNIHILATED!

    Now take your meds like a good little boy and turn to reality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dennis Markuze = secret Muslim?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting post Ginx!

    ...and thx for the good laugh SE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find it funny how some athiests sit on the same high horse they accuse religious people to be on. They're "intellectuals" who blame religion for spreading hate and discord, and then turn right around and are blatantly disrespectful and childishly insult those religions. As an athiest, I assume you believe that your truth is superior to theist truth. Regardless of what you think of a religion, if you want to claim superiority, wouldn't you show that through being respectful of differences in religion. I understand honest criticism, and that is welcome, but keeping "a Quran by the toilet to read while [you] shit"? Really? True or not, you know that's a provocative and downright disrespectful statement. The Quran is not violating human rights or causing wars, but it is a sacred symbol of Islam. At it's core, minus cultural misapplications, it is a peaceful religion, as are most if not all religions. You've probably heard that a million times from Muslims and probably call bullshit every time. I'm not trying to convert you. I just don't see why there can't be respectful criticism without resorting to deeply personal and ignorant insults.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is it that Atheist don’t believe in again? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. You question whether I keep my Quran on the tank of my toilet? Seriously? I hadn't even considered the fact that it might be offensive, but I am laughing a little about it now.

    I have found no respect from Muslims or their holy writings when it comes to my beliefs. The Quran is very clear: non-believers are to be killed. The only inclusions they make with other faiths are with the people of the book: Jews and Christians. They can live because they're monotheists, just a little misguided...

    I understand where you're coming from, but I urge you to pick up a Quran and read it before you accuse me of misrepresenting it. If I'm childish, I guess that just makes them infantile, if not fetal.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...