Monday, June 6, 2011

Music Monday: How To Destroy Angels

Usually, new bands don’t get a good reaction from Music Monday readers/listeners. I am going to go out on a limb and say this one might be different. How To Destroy Angels features Mariqueen Maandig on vocals, Atticus Ross, and some guy named Trent Reznor, who I’m assuming is only in the band because he’s married to Mariqueen.

With echoes of Reznor’s former projects like Nine Inch Nails always in the background, HDA (as all the hipsters are calling them) pressed into new territory with a female vocalist and a more pop-friendly sound. I expect to hear more of the short 6 song initial release from last year appearing in films, and I eagerly anticipate the release of the next EP, which is slated for release as early as the end of this summer.







2 comments:

  1. You posted twice. An obvious mistake, or some clever plan to...only you know?

    It's too early (well, not really) for me to be drunk, so I know that's not it (not today anyway).


    You posted twice. An obvious mistake, or some clever plan to...only you know?

    It's too early (well, not really) for me to be drunk, so I know that's not it (not today anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too early to drink. I hit back really quick, I thought in time, when I realized I forgot the Music Monday tag. Or was it all a ploy to get a comment... no, it's also too early for ploys.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...