Monday, February 14, 2011

Hi

I tried, I failed. I wanted to completely redo blogging, start fresh and write a blog about myself and my actual life, using my real name and location, blah blah blah. I got bored half-way into writing a dozen different posts (all but one left unfinished), so I can’t even imagine how banal it would be for other people to read them. I would link you to the single post I did, but… I can’t in good conscious go against my wife’s wish to remain anonymous. Trust me, though, it’s bad.

At the same time, I want to change the name of this blog, and by extension change the URL. I feel like I’ve gone as far as I can with “Anything But Theist,” and yet I would only consider renaming it if I was to shell out the $20 bucks or so for a real www.[name].com address. I’m unemployed and haven’t bought anything for myself since I had a job last summer (besides food).

So, then I thought about putting a PayPal donation link on my site to get the money. But honestly, I would rather you give that money to a homeless person (even if they were just going to spend it on booze or drugs) than to me. I won’t tarnish my blog with advertising, and I think begging is best reserved for people actually in need.

I got some good fiction writing done, so at least something came out of my brief hiatus. I haven’t read most of your blogs yet, though I checked my blog and I must say… I had the same average traffic this week from posting nothing as I did the previous week of posting.

Well, I’m off to drop another Music Monday into the toilet, fish it out with a little goldfish net, and throw it into the fan of my blog to be splattered around the internet. Sorry to those who wasted time coming here to see no updates the past week… I feel like I owe you a slightly better quality week of posts before I settle back into my sub-par rut, but we’ll see if I can muster the necessary creativity.

3 comments:

  1. no apologies necessary. Was a bit taken back when I saw the bye. but understand. People just get sick of doing the same thing over and over. "That is why they call it work". I spent my past few weeks writing back and forth with a hard Christian who was trying to ignore what I was saying meanwhile sending me a wall of bible text and telling me how much Jesus loved me. I was like a junkie. I couldn't stop. Had to reply to everything. Eventually I wore him down and he and the baby Jesus cast me aside. I felt dirty. I vowed to avoid doing that again. LOL. Will see. I did ask myself how long do I need to do this to convince myself what I believe for me is right.

    I enjoy your posts. You are a very bright guy. But if you get tired of doing it, you owe me nothing. You have already given and that is enough.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just need the excuse to write daily. I wrote 30 pages the first day off from blogging, then I spent the rest of the week looking at funny pictures online and eating Ben & Jerry's.

    I don't really get to into back-and-forths, and I'm not very invested in them (I'm not going to change anyone's mind, but I know I can at least try to raise their blood pressure). The reason I quit was because... well, it felt like work. I love doing work, but I also like to be paid for it, and my wife made the comment that none of this is going to get me published, so I tried to work on writing more fiction or writing a sort of more traditional, less offensive blog.

    Turns out I'm just an incurably incorrigible cunt. I'll just have to roll with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I don't always comment, I enjoy your blog. Most likely your traffic didn't wane because your followers didn't really believe you were pulling out, or didn't want to believe it.

    Glad you've changed your mind.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...