Tuesday, July 3, 2012

On John Roberts’ Healthcare Decision

I’ve read a lot of opinions on this decision, but I want to throw one out there I haven’t heard yet (but I’m sure someone much smarter than me must have at least mentioned it by now).

John Roberts has epilepsy. Even though he has healthcare that will cover him regardless of his condition, maybe on some level he is aware that ObamaCare as a whole will help many people who have epilepsy maintain medical coverage. This might explain why he was reluctant to throw the whole law out, like his fellow conservatives.

I know it’s a long shot. After all, look at Rick Santorum or Sarah Palin. Both of them have children with special needs, yet both of them use their children to garner sympathy rather than letting their life experience inform their outlooks and decisions.

Maybe Roberts was concerned about the legacy of this court. Maybe he did it for vague political reasons. Maybe he lost his mind. Or, maybe he let a brush with death remind him of the harsh reality outside the overly simplistic principles that are blinding the right.

Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to think that for once, a conservative actually stopped to think of others... at least that's my hope. God bless John Roberts for making the right decision.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...