Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday Reflection 7/14/12

Isn’t it a strange coincidence that those who believe in ghosts see ghosts, those who believe in leprechauns see leprechauns, those who believe in dragons see dragons, those who believe in demons see demons, those who believe in angels see angels, those who believe in aliens see aliens, those who believe in Bigfoot see Bigfoot, and those who believe in God see God. Personally, I believe everything is funny, and I have found this to be true. It’s almost like we only find what it is we’re looking for in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Shut the front door.

    We find what we are looking for?

    I went out for lunch today, then sat on a park bench to read the news on my phone, with my keys dangling by my side from a carabiner. When I tried to get up, the dangling keys got stuck in the gaps of the bench, and I sort of got stuck there for a second, like a drunk who lost his balance trying to get up after a nap. Went about my business, made some impulse purchases at a fine retail establishment, then after I got home, I realized the battery cover to my mini-flashlight had fallen off. "Oh Crap!" I thought. It must have gotten loose when I got stuck today. The mini-light cost twenty bucks, and you can't just buy the cover, you have to buy a whole new one. I didn't want it to come to that. So I say "screw it!", and I head back to town to hunt for a tiny piece of plastic in a busy city park (yeah, good luck...)

    But you know what? I FOUND IT, because I was looking for it in the world. Wow man, you hit the nail right on the head with this post.

    What a coincidence.... you blog of real shit that happens to me. THIS MUST MEAN SOMETHING.

    (Yeah, I had a Guinness -or two- after I found the plastic thingy. I was really psyched that I found it.)

    Moral of the story: don't be a dork like me and walk around with a keychain with more keys and trinkets on it than a high school janitor's.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...