Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Controversial TED Talk

Some are calling this the TED Talk that was quashed by the billionaires who fund the popular lecture forum, while others are saying it just wasn’t selected to be put up on their website because it was not good enough. In any case, I decided to watch the video after it was made available and I have to say… it’s more interesting than a lot of the TED Talks I have seen, like J.J. Abrams talking about the horrible TV shows and movies he craps out.

So, here it is:

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to see a TED talk which actually had anything in it you couldn't get by reading a bit on the subject and doing a little thinking. When I look at a piece of writing from someone I don't know and see a TED talk mentioned... well, I can't say that my estimate of their intelligence goes down, exactly, because that would be unfair, but I definitely lower my expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen several topics discussed in TED talks years before some of the information in it is available anywhere else that I have seen (I imagine I could find it if I pored over academic journals of that topic). I only say this because seeing a TED Talk sometimes makes me want to find more info (since they are rather truncated and watered down).

      Delete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...