Monday, June 29, 2009

What Little We Share In Common

People have very little in common anymore. There are hundreds of channels, and people don't watch the same shows (and for the assholes who assume we all watch something like 24 or American Idol, fuck you). However, one thing we all have in common is the commercials.

I don’t like advertising, but I like a guy who can pitch a cleaning product in a way that entertains me. If I have to watch an ad for something boring, I appreciate someone taking the effort to not bore me. And no, cartoon scrubbing bubbles don’t count.

So Billy, I’m sure your death will get lost in the shuffle of Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett, but we loud, bearded men honor our own. I’ll miss your blue shirts.

The saddest thing about all of this is we’ll never see a pitch-off between Billy Mays and Vince Offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...