Thursday, August 19, 2010

WTF Moment of the Month



The worst part of this call is not that Dr. Laura says “nigger” eleven times to a black caller who has sought her advice for dealing with racial intolerance, and that’s why this cry for help is my WTF Moment of the Month.

No, the worst part of this call is that after several minutes of constant condescension and rude interruptions (by Laura, not the caller who Laura should be listening to), she cuts off the caller completely and gives a sort of “moral of the story” speech.

All right. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Can’t have this argument. You know what? If you’re that hypersensitive about color and don’t have a sense of humor, don’t marry out of your race.

Don’t you see? If you have a problem with people acting racist around you, become a racist and marry within your own race. If you can’t beat them, join them. Brilliant.

But then my “WTF” echoed, when I found out Sarah Palin is weighing in on, of all things, Twitter:

Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")

And

Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice,America!

The last is a reference to Dr. Laura’s disgraceful “resignation,” and the fact that she attributed it to her desire to

regain my First Amendment rights. I want to be able to say what's on my mind and in my heart and what I think is helpful and useful without somebody getting angry, some special interest group deciding this is the time to silence a voice of dissent and attack affiliates, attack sponsors. I'm sort of done with that.

Okay, I’m all WTF’d out.

5 comments:

  1. Smile, GINX!


    you die today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always smiling, unless I'm busy laughing at empty threats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry, Ginx...

    we would never hurt a babbling idiot like yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We? Do you have a turd in your pocket or something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it's in his pocket, Ginx.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...