Thursday, March 8, 2012

Snippet: Names

I think people take it too personally when someone doesn’t remember their name. I’m always happy to remind someone, and I am also perfectly comfortable going by some ambiguous informal address like “buddy” or “dude.” I know for a fact that someone can not only find me interesting or important without remembering my name, I know they can downright love me without having any clue what my name actually is. How do I know? Because my dog doesn’t know my name.

1 comment:

  1. You're lucky your dog doesn't know your name. Once he gains the ability to know your name, he's probably taking off running and never coming back.

    Kidding.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...