Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday Reflection #68

Religious people should stick with religion, and stay away from science. I wouldn’t want people treating science the way they treat religion. There are too many ideas in science that religious people would take out of context. If a religious person found out the universe is expanding, they might think, “Well, I guess that will solve the problem of over-population, and maybe I should hold off on buying property until there is more land.” If you doubt me, just look at what happened when a Christian like Hitler learned about Darwinism.

4 comments:

  1. Dude. Isaac Newton, the father of modern science, was a religionist nutbag who believed in witches and prophecy. He has written more about religion than he has about science. Yet, in spite of his weird beliefs, he was wicked good at math and physics.

    I think people are in fact capable of keeping the two separate, and the fact that he was right on the money about the laws of thermodynamics, among other things, clearly demonstrates it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton's_religious_views

    ReplyDelete
  2. I practice a lot of alchemy but all it does is get me high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll be fine, as long as you stay away from mercury (unlike Newton).

      Delete

If your comment is too long, break it into multiple comments and post them all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...